BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Welcome Maylie


After 38 LONG weeks we welcomed our second daughter, Maylie Rae Marie Lillard. I started having contractions June 4th at about 9pm. My water broke while laying in bed around 11 but we were not sure that is what it was so Travis went to bed. I woke him up at 12:15 and told him it was time to go, my contractions were 4 minutes apart and we still needed to get McKenna in the cra and drop her off. The hospital was 30 miles away, I swear I was going to have her in the car, daddy drove really good and got us there! By the time we arrived my contractions were 2 minutes apart, they checked me and I was only at a 3!! Yikes I thought it would be good news lol. So we got admitted, I wanted the epidural as soon as I could get one. But the doctor had to go in for an emergency C-section so I had to wait. Not fun at all!! Hard strong contractions every minute or two!! Trav did a great job feeding me ice and reminding me to breathe and when the contractions would start to come down. When I was 6cm I got my epidural, it was good except it made my entire left side (from feet to neck) go numb. Same thing happened when I was in labor with McKenna and the doctors have no idea why it would happen again. So my epidural wore off completely on my right side and since my chest and left arm was till numb they were unable to give me anymore meds. Dang it. I was only at 7cm and feeling everything again. But within the hour I was ready to push. Trva prepared me and off we went, two hard contractions, six pushes and our precious daughter Maylie was here!!
ANNOUNCING THE BIRTH OF OUR DAUGHTER MAYLIE RAE MARIE LILLARD
BORN JUNE 5TH, 2009 @0821.
WEIGHING IN AT 6 POUNDS 7.3 OZ
18.75 INCHES LONG
SHE IS SO TINY, WE HAD TO GO OUT AND BUY HER PREMIE CLOTHES AND DIAPERS.

0 comments: